PDT-GEL, treated sodium montmorillonite, is a finely ground, premium-grade western sodium bentonite which meets the American Petroleum Institute Specification 13A, section 4 requirements. PDT-GEL provides viscosity and gelling characteristics to most water-based drilling fluids.
- Viscosify anionic water-based drilling fluids
- Reduce water seepage or filtration into permeable formations
- Form a thin filter cake with low permeability
- Promote hole stability in poorly consolidated formations
- Provides suspension for fluids weighted with barite or hematite
- Improves hole-cleaning capacity of drilling fluids
- Exceeds API manufacturing standards
- Is environmentally responsible
- Can be added directly to fresh water or freshwater drilling fluids
PDT-XAN, a powdered, biopolymer (xanthan gum); provides viscosity and suspension in freshwater, seawater, sodium bromide, potassium bromide, potassium chloride, and sodium chloride-based fluids.
- Viscosify freshwater and brine-based fluids used in drilling, milling, under-reaming, and gravel packing operations
- Suspend bridging agents and weighting materials in freshwater and the brine systems described above.
- Disperses easily in fresh water or brine with shear
- Provides thixotropic properties and non-Newtonian flow characteristics over a wide salinity range at low concentrations
- Provides excellent suspension without the need of additional clays
- Minimizes the potential for formation damage
- Stable to 250 °F (121 °C)
PDT-GUM, Guar gum, can be used in fresh or salt water fluids to provide viscosity.
- Increase viscosity
- Improve hole-cleaning capability
- Make a low-solids drilling fluid
- Effective in small quantities
- Rapidly develops viscosity
PDT-CMC-HV, sodium carboxyl methyl cellulose (CMC) powder, can be used for filtration control in water-based drilling fluids. PDT-CMC-HV meets API Specification 10 requirements for high-viscosity CMC products.
- Decrease filtration rate and filter-cake thickness in fresh or brackish water-based drilling fluids
- Promote hole stability in water-sensitive formations
- Deflocculated saltwater systems in concentrations less than 0.25 lb/bbl (0.7 kg/m3)
- Increase viscosity of fresh or brackish water-based drilling fluids
- Effective in small concentrations
- Effective in salt water
- Environmentally responsible and does not ferment
- Readily disperses when mixed through a hopper