PDT-GELTON, as organophilic clay, will be used and viscosity will be imparted to invert emulsion by the water droplets in the internal phase, a key rheological profile is obtained from the addition of clay. Untreated clays such as montmorillonite and hectorite will not readily disperse or yield in the non-polar environment of the Non-Aqueous Base Fluids NABF phase. PDT-GELTONE is a type of clay that has been treated with an amine compound to promote its dispersion/yield in oils. PDT-GELTONE yields more readily with shear when fluid temperatures are at least 120F (49C).
- Viscosify any oil-based drilling fluid
- Improve hole cleaning during drilling and workover operations
- Gel oil muds for long-term suspension of weighting agents in packer fluids and casing packs
- Stable at temperatures approaching 400EF (205EC)
- Aids in filtration control
PDT-6UP, dimerized fatty acids, promotes the dispersion and yield of organophilic clays under low shear conditions and optimizes suspension properties of invert emulsion drilling fluids, especially those formulated with mineral oil. PDT-6UP can be used in high temperature invert emulsion systems to improve rheological properties, filtration control, and emulsion stability.
- Promote the dispersion and yield of organophilic clays
- Stabilize and lower filtration rates
- Enhance low shear rheology and gel strengths
- Improves emulsion stability
- Stable at temperatures above 400F (205C)
- Effectively stabilizes and lowers filtration properties in low aromatic oils
- Is compatible with most invert emulsion systems